Chicken pox is one of the most common diseases that we all contract at least once in our lives. It mainly occurs in children and comes with itchy sores that are caused due to viral infection on the skin. The symptoms include itchy rashes, headache, fatigue and a mild fever. Some easy home remedies can help you get rid of these symptoms or at least reduce them.
Here is some of the most common home remedies that one can use to get relieve from the symptoms of chicken pox:
- Avoid Scratching:Scratching the chicken pox sores results in scarring and may increase infection. It also results in slow healing thus to ensure minimum scratching, you may wear gloves and trim your fingernails.
- Use Calamine Lotion: Calamine lotion is a mild yet effective solution for relief from the itching and scars caused doe to the chicken pox sores. You can dab the scratches with calamine lotion for temporary relief from itching and irritation.
- Brown Vinegar:Due to the presence of acetic acid, vinegar has been used for medicinal purposes since time immemorial. Brown vinegar in lukewarm water can be applied on skin to relive of itching and other symptoms of chicken pox.
- Honey: A natural antibacterial component, honey can be an excellent remedy to cure skin irritation. Just dab honey all over the scratches and blisters to heal them as well as to stop itching. Honey soothes the skin and moisturizes it to decrease the further onset of itchiness.
- Sandalwood Oil: Sandalwood oil acts as a disinfectant and also helps restore the skin after the scratches and sores. Sandalwood oil has excellent medicinal properties that help fight the skin infection and results in better recovery of the skin from itching and irritation.
- Jasmine Flower: You can soak your body in jasmine extracts or put jasmine flowers in the bath to heal the sores and get some relief from itching during chicken pox. Marigold flowers also help relieve the chicken pox sores and act as a disinfectant.
- Neem Leaves: Due to its significant antiviral properties, Neem or Margosa leaves can relieve of itchiness. They also help limit the infection and do not let in spread further. Use Neem leaves by keeping them near the patient to prevent viral infections. Do not put the kin in direct contact with the neem leaves.
- Baking Soda:A bath with baking soda can also relieve the symptoms of chicken pox to a great extent and provides relief from itching.
- Take Balanced Diet: A nutrition filled diet with lots of fruits and green vegetables helps the body recover from the infection and helps in faster recovery.
The above remedies are effective only to an extent and to get permanent relief from chicken pox; you need to take prescription drugs from your physician. Apart from this take rest and take in lots of fluids to ensure your skin stays healthy. So try out the above home remedies and see the great results for yourself.