Typhoid fever is a result of bacterial infection in the bloodstream and the intestinal tract. It is one of the most common diseases that caused due to infected water and infected food. The symptoms include fever, headache, abdominal pain and weakness. Further symptoms in case the disease worsens include vomiting, severediarrhea, loss of appetite, constipation, chills, blood in the stools, nosebleeds, blood in the stools and lethargy.
Here are some home’s remedies that may help you get rid of the fever early:
- Cold compress: The best way to decrease the fever by typhoid is a simple cold compress. The simple remedy consists of taking a cloth and soaking it in water. Putting this cloth on the head and the body decreases the body temperature and relieves the body of fever.
- Increase intake of fluid: Typhoid fever can lead to extreme dehydration and weakness, thus take higher amount of fluids to keep the body hydrated and it also helps to flush out the toxins and waste from the body.
- ORS: Oral rehydration solution helps the body in replace the necessary fluids and helps in recovery. It helps relieve of weaknesses and helps in re-energizing the body. A basic ORS includes salt, sugar and water.
- Basil:Due to its antibiotic properties, basil helps get rid of typhoid fever. Consuming basil leaves with crushed ginger boiled in water can also help boost immunity. The simple yet effective home remedy can be administered once daily to significantly bring down fever.
- Garlic: Due to its antimicrobial properties, garlic helps fight bacterial infections and it also boosts the immune system. It also eliminates harmful toxins from body and speeds up recovery from the fever.Eating 2 garlic cloves empty stomach helps get rid of the symptoms of typhoid fever.
- Bananas:Bananas can bring down the fever and treat diarrhea in people enduring typhoid. The pectin present in bananas is a soluble fiber that helps absorb liquid in the intestines, thus reducing diarrhea. Moreover, the potassium in bananas helps replace electrolytes lost during fever and diarrhea.
- Apple Cider Vinegar:Due to its acidic properties, apple cider vinegar brings down the heat of the body and the replenishing minerals help re-energizing the body. Mix half a teaspoon of vinegar with honey in a glass of water and drink this once a day to bring the body temperature down.
- Take a healthy diet: It is important to ensure you include lots of fruits and green vegetables in your diet so that you are able to recover from the infection easily and you are not bogged down by the strong dose of antibiotics that you are taking to fight the infection.
Typhoid is a strong infection that may affect your energy to a great extent. Apart from the above measures, it is important to take the full course of antibiotics to eliminate the infection from the body as the above remedies help the body only to an extent. So follow the above remedies to get rid of typhoid fever.