According to a study, almost 60% of children in India do not get ample intake of calcium in their health. This can cause a host of nutritional deficiencies in them or make them suffer from malnutrition. To fulfill the calcium requirements of their body, children need to add calcium rich food to their diet and what better source of calcium than every mother’s favorite – Milk. It not only fulfills nutritional requirements but also provides ample energy to children that they need for their daily physical activities.
Here are some benefits of milk that make of one of the significant part of children’s diet:
- Improves The Bone Health: In their age, children need higher amount of calcium to build bones and make them stronger. Milk is a critical source of calcium that helps build body bones and increase the skeletal strength of children to help them in the long run. Milk is also a rich source of Vitamin D which also makes it extremely useful in keeping the bones and teeth healthy.
- Great ForSkin: The enzymes and lactic acid present in milk makes it great for the skin of children. The amino acid present in milk make it a great skin lubricant and keeps the skin moisturized especially during winters.
- Safeguards The Body From Harmful Toxins: The antioxidants in milk help keep the skin and body safe from the harmful toxins that enter the body from the environment and safeguards the skin from the free radicals that can deteriorate the health.
- Good For Muscular Health: The protein present in milk makes it a great agent for muscular buildup in the body and gives great strength to the muscles of children. Milk also lowers the muscular fatigue and immensely increases children’s stamina.
- Reduces Stress: School children have great pressure on them regarding their studies. Apart from the studies, the various activities and tasks that they juggle throughout the day puts a lot of pressure on them and may result in stress. Milk is a great stress-buster for children as it soothes the nerves and relaxes muscles in the body.
- Improves Blood Circulation: Milk has properties that improve the overall circulatory system of the body and maintains a healthy blood pressure that ensures health circulation of nutrients in the body and helps them grow in a healthy manner.
- Good for Eyesight: Milk is a great source of vitamin A and B that helps in improving the eyesight of children and ensures they do not get affected by the level of stress their eyes are subjected to from the televisions and computers.
Apart from the above benefits, milk also has a lot of growth hormones that boosts children’s health. It helps the children stay free from cholesterol and improves their liver health. Thus it is evident from the above benefits that milk is a dietary supplement that improves the overall health of the children and makes them fit enough to carry out all their daily activities.