Varanasi is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Every year thousands of people from around the globe come to visit this symbol of Indian civilization. What was once a centre of learning and ground for the Hindu way of life is today one of the most celebrated and hospitable places.
If you wish to spend some quality time in this place, then look for varanasi best hotels. The best part about finding accommodation here is that you will get hotels and lodges that are extremely pocket friendly. If you want to splurge a little and want to experience a luxurious stay, then also you will not run out of options in Varanasi. This is one city that has a lot of things to experience. If you want to make sure that you want to witness and live the best that Varanasi has to offer, then all you have to do is do the following things:
- First and foremost, you must visit Varanasi sometime between September- November. This is the best time to visit this place, since the weather remains extremely pleasant during this time of the year and it is also the perfect time to go sightseeing both in and around the city. Plus, this is also the time of Diwali or the celebrated festival of lights. The entire city decks up in lights and the Ganga arti or the evening prayers to the Ganga on the DashwamedhaGhat is a treat to watch.
- The time period mentioned above is the peak tourist season. Thousands of people flock to this city during this time. Naturally booking tickets and finding the perfect accommodation becomes a bit of a problem then. If you want to stay away from this mad rush, then look for hotels in Varanasi cantt well in advance. Book them in advance to avail great deals and not worry about finding an accommodation during a time of rush.
- If you want to live the true life of Varanasi, then you must visit the ghats. The most active and popular ghat of this city is the DashashwamedhaGhat. This is the place where the evening prayers are conducted. If you want to catch the best seats during the prayers, make sure that you are there by at least 5 in the evening or else it will be swimming with people by 6’o’clock!
- You should also check out the ManikarnikaGhat once since it is believed that people are freed from the cycle of life and death if they are cremated here. It is said that there is always a cremation fire burning in this ghat and it is true! The AssiGhat is also another very popular haunt of the tourists.
- If you want to experience the best that Varanasi has to offer, then do get river facing rooms in a hotel that is located on one of the prominent ghats of Varanasi.
Apart from these you should also take a day to visit the Ramnagar Fort and Sarnath as well to complete your Varanasi trip!